Alberta Linking Net Script
(Created 2006-02-13. Updated
Repeaters to be brought up and down
- ve6nhb 654* on 655* off
- ve6ssm 662* on 663* off (There is a background squeal during the
- ve6rjk 680* on 681* off
- ve6rep 634* on 635* off
- ve6lnk 600* on 601* off
- ve6pp 622* on 623* off
- ve6mtr 690* on 691* off
- ve6eid 612* on 613* off
ve6bwl 614* on 615* off (Off due to local problems.)
- kd7jz 602* on 603* off
- ve6oil 660* on 661* off (This is temporary while we see if there is a problem
with static and interference.)
- ve6mhu 1800 via IRLP at the beginning of the net and let them time out.
- ve6hrb 616* on 617* off (The FARS network is last on and first
off. Sometimes the codes don't work to bring it up. If so ask. Or someone
local in the FARS system on the VHF side.)
- ve5nip node via IRLP 2820 on 73 off. Bring it up at 8:45 pm during
winter. They may be busy on a reflector as Nipawin is part of a
Saskatchewan net at 8 pm during MST
- VE6LNK must be brought up before VE6PP and taken down after VE6PP as it is
the link between SARA and VE6PP (formerly the Yellowhead Trunking System.).
- VE6BOX Athabasca is not brought up there is only one ham in that area
- In the past
VE6OIL is not usually brought up as there is local interference. We will
be trying this for a short term.
- If you are having static problems take down ve6oil or ve6ssm first to see if
that solves the problem. Also email me to let me know which you think was
causing the problem so SARA can check things out.
- Disconnect VE6HRB after the net has been running for 60 minutes.
Mix up the sequence of towns, cities and repeaters you ask for check ins.
I put this in north to south because frequently the net is called fro south to
north. This helps keep people on their toes and makes them feel like
they aren't left out quite so much.
Bring up the repeaters.
Good evening, this is the Alberta Linking Net called at 8 pm Monday on the
SARA backbone and many of the linked repeaters. My callsign is <insert call
sign> and my name is <insert name>
Are there any club bulletins or announcements?
Anyone wishing to leave the net early?
ve6mhu Medicine Hat
Any mobile or portable checkins?
Calling now for check-ins from
ve6nhb Edmonton. Announce that you've brought up the 6 meter
repeater in Edmonton on 53.430 and invite hams to check in on that repeater if
they have the capability.
ve6ssm Edmonton - announce that it is a 6m repeater on 53.430
ve6rep Red Deer
ve6mtr Limestone Mtn
ve6hrb Foothills Linking Net
kd7jz Sweetgrass Hills
ve5nip Nipiwan (you need to IRLP at 8:45 pm)
Late or missed?
This Evening we had _______ Check-Ins, including Net Control.
Anyone wishing the repeaters to be left on?
Now take down the repeaters.
Website copyright 2004-2013 Tony VE6MVP